It is an international banking group that bases its services in the United Kingdom, Europe, South Africa and Asia-Pacific. It is responsible for offering financial and banking products and services, asset management, wealth management and more.
Table of Contents
It was created under the name of Investec Bank Limited in Johannesburg in 1974 and acquired its banking license six years later. Thanks to this, it expanded its services in the corporate and professional banking sector as well as finance, project financing and treasury. In 1986, it merged with Metboard to boost its services. In 1988, it was restructured in Investec Group Limited. It acquired several institutions such as I. Kuper & Company (Pty) Limited (1990), Allied Trust Bank Limited (1992), Gerber Goldschmidt Finance (1993), Sechold Limited (1994), Clive Discount Company (1995), Cazenove & Company ( 1995), Solms & Company Inc. (1995), and many other companies. All these actions allowed it to establish its operations in Europe, Africa and the United Kingdom.
The Swift Code (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication), also known as BIC, is used during an international transfer to identify the receiving bank: IVESZAJJ.
Number of Employees
The bank has approximately 10,000 employees.
The rating is the evaluation of a bank and the risks it can take in case of not paying a debt. Moody’s, S&P, and Fitch are the agencies in charge of it.
Investec Bank has a rating of:
- Moody’s = Baa3.
- S&P = BB.
- Fitch = BB+.
Baa3 (Moody’s) = It has moderate credit risk.
BB (S&P Global) = It is very prone to economic changes.
BB+ (Fitch) = It has solvency guaranteed, but with risks.
The headquarters of the entity is in the city of Sandown, Sandton, South Africa.
If you want to know more about this bank, enter through its website: http://www.investec.com/.
- Personal banking: It includes banking, investment, savings, loans, mortgages, and insurance services.
- Business banking: It allows customers the necessary benefits to manage their business through banking services, investments and commercial finance.
- Corporate banking: It provides corporate clients with advice, corporate finance and investments to grow the business.
- Address: 100 Grayston Drive, Sandown, Sandton, 2196, South Africa
- Phone Number: +27 11 286 7000