It is a Turkish entity specializing in financial and banking services. Its service area covers many countries in the world. It is considered the second-largest private bank in the country. It offers corporate, commercial, SME, investment, retail, private, and more banking services.
Table of Contents
It was created by a corporation in 1946 in Ankara due to the need that members had to invest in profitable businesses after the Second World War. It established its first branches that same year in Anafartalar. It had rapid growth and, in just seven years, managed to open 22 offices. In 1950, it moved its headquarters to Istanbul. In 1983, the bank already belonged to the Doğuş Group. In the 1990s, it became the first financial institution in that country to operate in international markets. The bank acquired Osmanlı Bank in 1996. Körfezbank and Osmanlı Bank merged in 2001, and the latter, in turn, joined with Garanti Bank. BBVA became the majority shareholder of the bank, which was renamed as Garanti BBVA in 2019.
The Swift Code (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication), also known as BIC, is used during an international transfer to identify the receiving bank: TGBATRIS.
Number of Employees
The bank has approximately 18,522 employees.
The rating is the evaluation of a bank and the risks it can take in case of not paying a debt. Moody’s, S&P, and Fitch are the agencies in charge of it.
Garanti BBVA has a rating of:
- Moody’s = B3.
- Fitch = B+.
B3 (Moody’s) = It has high credit risk.
B+ (Fitch) = It has some risk.
The headquarters of the entity is in the city of Beşiktaş, Istanbul, Turkey.
If you want to know more about this bank, enter through its website: https://www.garantibbva.com.tr/en.
- Personal: The bank offers services of deposits, investments, loans, cards, mortgages, delivery channels, payments, insurance, pensions, and private banking.
- SME: It provides support packages, foreign trade financing, loans, credit cards, investments, cash management, delivery channels, leasing, insurance, and pensions.
- Commercial: The bank allows commercial clients to carry out loans, manage credit cards, make investments, cash management, delivery channels, leasing, insurance, pensions, project financing, and more.
- Address: Levent Nispetiye Mah. Aytar Cad. No:2 Beşiktaş 34340 İstanbul
- Phone Number: 00 90 212 318 18 18