It is also known as Banque Populaire du Maroc (BCP). It is the most important bank in Morocco that specializes in the finance sector. It has established offices in several countries such as England, France, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium and Gibraltar.
Table of Contents
It was established under a decree issued by the King of Morocco in 1926. In the late 1980s, it established subsidiaries in different African countries, Canada and Germany. It began to strengthen its products and services in the SME and MDM markets. In the 2000s, the Crédit Populaire du Maroc was reformed. During 2007, it launched the Moussahama II Investment Fund and the Eastern Region. It also acquired the Chaabi Courtage, which was an insurance company. In 2009, it fully acquired the Upline Group. In 2016, it signed a cooperation agreement with Commercial Bank of Ethiopia, Banque Africaine de Développement (BAD) and Africa Finance Corporation (AFC). In 2017, it bought BIA Niger.
The Swift Code (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication), also known as BIC, is used during an international transfer to identify the receiving bank: CRPMMAM1, BCPOMAMC (Banque Centrale Populaire).
Number of Employees
The bank has approximately 12,000 employees.
The rating is the evaluation of a bank and the risks it can take in case of not paying a debt. Moody’s, S&P, and Fitch are the agencies in charge of it.
Crédit Populaire du Maroc has a rating of:
- Moody’s = Ba2.
- S&P = BBB-.
- Fitch = A-.
Ba2 (Moody’s) = It has questionable credit quality.
BBB- (S&P Global) = It is medium level, but they are in a good situation.
A- (Fitch) = It has great solvency capacity and low risk of default.
The headquarters of the entity is in the city of Casablanca, Morocco.
If you want to know more about this bank, enter through its website: http://www.gbp.ma/.
- Personal banking: It allows individual clients to manage accounts, bank checks, cards (withdrawal, payment, credit, etc.), savings, investments, real estate projects, national projects, insurance, assistance, international operations and more.
- Business banking: Commercial customers can manage different types of accounts, take advantage of the benefits of electronic banking, invest, make time deposits, international operations, credits, leasing, and more.
- MDM Banking: The bank offers services and products that include account management, electronic payment offers, savings, investments, financing products, support, transfers, currency exchange and more.
- Address: Banque Centrale Populaire, 101 Boulevard Zerktouni, BP 10 622, MA-20100 Casablanca, Morocco
- Phone Number: +212 (0)5 22 20 25 33