BayernLB

BayernLB is a public bank established in the capital of Germany (Munich). It is part of Sparkassenverband Bayern and the federated state of Bavaria. It offers financial and insurance services to clients and public and private companies. It provides loans, currency management, leasing, and more.

History

The history of this bank dates back to 1884 when the Bayerische Landeskulturrentenanstalt was created and was renamed Bayerische Landesbodenkreditanstalt in 1949. In 1914, Bayerische Gemeindebank was founded through the union of several savings banks. Years later, in 1972, those two banking institutions merged to form Bayerische Landesbank Girozentrale. From that moment, the bank functioned as the central institution of the Bavarian savings banks and as the leading banker of the Free State of Bavaria.

Years later, Bayerische Landesbank began to expand nationally and internationally to gain a more significant presence. It established national branches in Nuremberg, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, and obviously, Munich. International offices were established in England, Italy, France, the United States, Russia, and part of Asia.

In 2005, it acquired the name of BayernLB. Two years later, it had a presence in Austria when it bought the Hypo Alpe-Adria-Bank International. In 2018, BayernLB was distributed, 25% in the Bavarian Savings Bank Association, and the rest (75%) in the Bavarian Free State.

Swift Code

The swift code is used for international transfers: BYLADEMM.

Number of Employees

Currently, BayernLB has 7,703employees.

Rating

The rating of a banking entity is carried out by Moody’s, S&P, and Fitch agencies to verify that debts are paid.

BayernLB has a rating of:

  • S&P = AAA.
  • Moody’s = Aaa.
  • Fitch = A-.

AAA (S&P Global) = The company is reliable and stable.

Aaa (Moody’s) = It means high quality, minimum risk.

A- (Fitch) = It has excellent solvency capacity and low risk of default.

Headquarters

The headquarters of the entity is in the city of München, Germany.

Website

To access the BayernLB website and get more information go to the link: http://www.bayernlb.de

Services

  • Global Corporations: It offers financing products and services, interest rate management, foreign exchange, transactions, loans, and more to corporate companies.
  • Real estate: It provides property sales services, commercial and real estate financing, capital investment, payments (national and international), etc.

It also allows clients in general and any company or institution to carry out banking operations of all kinds.

Contact

  • Address: Brienner Straße 18, 80333 München, Germany.
  • Phone Number: +49 89 2171-01.