It is one of the largest globally leading institutions that handle small, medium, and large businesses. Its goal is to manage investment, corporate, and commercial banking worldwide.
Table of Contents
The creation of the Bank of America dates back more than 100 years ago when Amadeo Giannini, in 1904, had founded the Bank of Italy in the city of San Francisco, United States. Like any other bank, it began with small loans and investments to American merchants and immigrants of the time. The bank provided support to these humble investors who did not receive help from large institutions due to the economic situation at the time.
At that time, people and merchants were discriminated against by large institutions because of their social class. Therefore, the Italian-American Amadeo Giannini, seeing the path taken by the entity and these people who frequented the Bank of Italy, he decided to change the name to Bank of America.
When the earthquake occurred in San Francisco two years later, Giannini made sure to protect all the money in the bank to avoid any loss. Days later, he made loans to all those people who had been affected by the natural disaster. Gradually, the Italian began to gain people’s trust, and therefore, the bank began to grow enormously.
After that, in 1909, it began to expand in California, where a branch was established. Subsequently, from 1983, it extended out of this state. The institution Giannini had created was growing more and began to have a critical banking power both inside and outside the country.
The bank merges with NationsBank, and in 2008, it began to acquire big companies such as Countrywide Financial and Merrill Lynch in addition to others. That resulted in significant expenses, and a year later, it received allegations of fraud due to loans they had requested and failed to meet. The government sued Bank of America in 2013 with one of the highest fines in history.
The routing number is usually used to identify a banking institution. It is generally made up of 9 digits, and on occasions, it is called the ABA or RTN route number.
The routing number of this bank will depend on the state in which it is located:
- Alabama, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Ohio, South Dakota, Virginia, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Utah, Wyoming, Kentucky, North Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia: 051000017.
- Arkansas: 082000073.
- Connecticut: 011900254.
- East Florida, West Florida: 063100277/ 063000047.
- Northern Illinois: 071000505.
- Iowa: 073000176.
- Massachusetts: 011000138.
- New Hampshire: 011400495.
- New York: 021000322.
- Pennsylvania, Delaware: 031202084.
- South Texas, North Texas: 111000025/ 113000023.
- Alaska: 051000018.
- California: 121000358.
- Idaho, Colorado: 123103716.
- Chicago Metropolitan Area – Illinois, Southern Illinois: 081904808/ 0071103619.
- Kansas: 101100045.
- Maine: 011200365.
- Michigan: 072000805.
- East of Missouri: 081000032/ 101000035.
- New Jersey: 021200339.
- North Carolina: 053000196.
- Oklahoma: 103000017.
- Rhode Island: 011500010.
- Tennessee: 064000020.
- Washington: 125000024.
- Arizona: 122101706.
- D.C.: 054001204.
- Georgia: 061000052.
- Indiana, Minnesota: 071214579.
- Maryland: 052001633.
- Western Missouri: 081000033.
- Nevada: 122400724.
- New Mexico: 107000327.
- Oregon: 323070380.
- South Carolina: 053904483.
Number of Employees
The number of employees currently owned by the bank is 205,000.
The different agencies of Moody’s, S&P and Fitch, are responsible for assessing the capacity of a bank to pay off debts due to loans acquired.
Bank of America has a rating of:
- Moody’s = Baa1.
- S&P = BBB.
- Fitch = A.
Baa3 (Moody’s) = Moderate credit risk.
BBB (S&P Global) = Medium level, but they are in a good situation.
A (Fitch) = This letter means that it has high solvency capacity and low risk of default.
The bank building is located in Charlotte, North Carolina, United States.
To access the bank’s website: https://www.bankofamerica.com
- Online banking for personal clients and companies: To transfer funds and loans to different clients.
- Bill payment services: This service is used to make payments to and from different accounts.
- Network transfer service by email or mobile phone: usually, it is used to make transfers conveniently from anywhere.
- Additional services for companies: The Bank Provides this service to create several online identifications.
Address: Bank of America Corporate Center, 100 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28255, United States.
Phone Number: 00 1 315-724-4022